Friday, 10 June 2011

Settling

Chook is wondering when school starts.  She hasn't actually had a holi... vacation this long before, as she was in pre-school and ante-pre-school before this first year of  'big' school.  So with Doc now at work for long days, I need to amuse her and me......  Not coming so easy to me, I'm not entirely sure what we should do each day! 

Today its King Kamehameha the great Day, who was the Hawaiian King who united the Hawaiian islands in 1810 and then became the Hawaiian King. Yep I did some research.  So I decided we would go to the Festival.  Checked the whereabouts on google maps, packed supplies, and discovered the location was not in the Sat Nav, or on the Sat Nav map, so we drove, but couldn't find it.  The only signposts I have seen are for the Zoo - which is right next to Doc's work and the Airport, which funnily enough is on Airport Road.  So we ended up at a pretty garden called Queen Liliuokalani's Garden, which was awfa braw, but according to Chook, it really needed swings.

We went to see the waterfalls one day, very beautiful.  We'll go to Kona some day soon and well go to the other volcano park - we bought a year pass to the Volcano national parks.


We all went on a trip to the Black Sand Beach, where there are often nesting giant turtles.  Cute facial expressions, although i'm not sure you can see that from the photo!

Faith and I have been for mani/pedi's, shopping, to Baskin Robbins, on a hunt for the swimming pool, and walked to the park, which is just up from our street, along with the supermarket, petrol station, a row of shops, a farmers market and restaurants.

















No comments:

Post a Comment