Sunday, 24 July 2011

Shouting at kids

Yesterday I heard someone saying 'Hello' repeatedly out on the street, it was a group of kids out on the driveway, so i went out.  'Can i climb up and take your guava?' Having tasted said Guava (its got alot of seeds, and this type are a tad sour, not my cupa) I said Ok, be careful.  Three other kids, i guess between the ages of 5 and 11, started throwing rocks at the tree.  Bearing in mind the tree is right outside the house, and their aim was rubbish.  I asked them to please not throw rocks incase they hit the house.  So after i turn my back rocks start being lobbed again, then same again.... 'RIGHT I'VE ALREADY ASKED YOU NOT TO THROW ROCKS, THATS ENOUGH, OUT YOU GO'  Still rock throwing...

'GET OUT, GO THROW ROCKS IN YOUR OWN STREET'.  Boy gets down from tree 'Would you like to try one mam?' Me 'No thank you'.  Bearing in mind, these weren't chuckies, but rocks being thrown, and the fact I freely let them them, I was in shock.   I can remember lads running across gardens or playing chappie years ago, but throwing rocks when you're repeatedly asked not to? !

Chookie sounds like she has croup - sea lion cough, can hardly talk but no sore throat.  Poor lamb.

The ladies have prayer breakfasts monthly at our church, so i've put my name down for the next one.  Can't wait to whip out a full tea-set, and good reason to bake lots of goodies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment